* UK prices only. Prices inclusive of VAT at current rate. They exclude delivery and installation if ordered as stand alone item(s) and are not part of the greenhouse order. We reserve the right to change our prices at any time.
The benefits of greenhouse shades
The main advantage and unique feature of our greenhouse shading is that it reflects the sun's rays away from the greenhouse externally- before it has passed through the glass. When the greenhouse blinds are mounted internally the heat is trapped between the blind and the glass.
Used together with the roof and side ventilation, our shades are recommended to optimise heat and light control within the glasshouse. Fitted externally, they run along the roof on the southern elevation, the shade reduces light intensity and therefore plant scorch and helps to keep temperatures down in the heat of the summer.
Details and DIMENSIONS of our shades
- A spring-loaded, aluminium roller keeps the shade under permanent tension and a pulley system enables the shade to be operated easily at ground level. This system also prevents the shade moving in the wind.
- The commercial quality shading material is a polyolefin-based fabric, which is interwoven with thin aluminium strips to give 65% shading, and is designed with longevity in mind.
- Our blinds are supplied in widths up to 5m, if the area you wish to shade is longer than this you will need two shades. For example, for a 6m greenhouse we would recommend two shades at 3m each, both of these will cost £1,235 each.
- When required we can also fit blinds to the gable end or along the side elevation - please enquire for gable shade pricing by emailing email@example.com.