Choosing your perfect aluminium greenhouse is an exciting journey; from the design consultation through to deciding on those all-important features, we are here to make the process as smooth as possible. When it comes to starting your build, we understand that if your structure requires planning permission, it can appear daunting, which is why we offer a comprehensive planning application service.
Our in-house planning service is based on submitting an application on your behalf. We work with your local authority to complete and submit your planning application, and will keep you informed every step of the way as we monitor the progress of your application.
What services do we offer?
We offer three levels of planning service, dependent on the level of support you are after:
Tier 1 – We will provide you with drawings of your greenhouse for your self-submitted planning permission
Tier 2 – Our Sales and Projects Support team will take care of your planning journey.
Our standard service includes:
- Plan and elevation drawings of the proposed greenhouse.
- The completion of the planning application form.
- The writing of a Design and Access Statement when applicable.
- The writing of a Heritage Statement when applicable.
- The submission of the application in full.
- The local Authority application fee.
- OS map copyright & planning portal service fees.
- The completion, submission and Local Authority fee for the discharge of conditions once approved, if applicable.
Please note that the above service is offered on the basis of a standard householder application being submitted.
Tier 3 – This service covers everything in our Tier 2 package, as well as a Site Survey, Flood Risk Assessment, full planning permission applications, as well as Biodiversity Survey and Environmental Survey, where applicable.
How It All Works
We have many years of experience in planning applications up and down the country, working with numerous local authorities.
Every application is different, therefore in sensitive areas or listed buildings, we recommend discussing your planning needs and requirements with your Sales Designer or Project Manager to advise on the best route.
We have a success rate of over 95% on our applications – which means we take the stress out of your project so you can enjoy planning what you hope to grow in your greenhouse instead.
Do I need planning permission for a greenhouse?
- The greenhouse is located on land at the front of the property
- The height of the greenhouse would exceed 4.0m for a dual pitch roof, 3.0m for any other roof. The height of the greenhouse would exceed 2.5m if located within 2.0m of a boundary
- The height of the eaves would exceed 2.5m
- More than 50% the area of land around the ‘original house’ would be covered by additions or other buildings
- In general if you live in a Conservation Area, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, National Parks or the Broads, planning permission will be required. In these areas the maximum area to be covered by all outbuildings more than 20.0m from the house to be limited to 10msq. Greenhouses in these areas located at the side of the property will require planning permission
- Within the curtilage of a listed building, a greenhouse will require planning permission and, if built against a listed wall – listed building consent.
How long will the planning process take?
Our Sales & Project Support Team will submit and manage the application on your behalf, and we usually expect a decision from Councils in roughly 10 – 12 weeks after submission, during which time we will keep you updated with your progress.
Are Alitex Planning Consultants?
No, our planning service is based on submitting an application on behalf of the householder. We offer this service purely based on our experience of making planning applications for a number for outbuildings across the country.
What happens if my planning permission is denied?
In the unlikely event your planning permission is denied, you will be entitled to your deposit back, minus administration costs. The administration costs themselves will vary, depending on how far along your project is, and the assistance we have provided you with.