Design Aspects and Services
The Design Process
- We will visit you at home or the site where you want the structure to be situated.
- We discuss how you want to use the space and your preferences on the style and type of structure. We can then identify whether you are looking for a traditional or more contemporary greenhouse, whether that’s a bespoke structure or one from our National Trust Collection.
- You can browse our range of colours and we will leave you with a selection of powder-coated aluminium swatches so you can spend time making your decision.
- During our visit, we will measure and photograph the space, carrying out a survey on the site. This will allow us to put together some initial design concepts and rough sketches.
- We will then send you the sketches with a proposal for your greenhouse.
- Once you have placed your order and paid your deposit, we will send your design to manufacturing – this will be drawn using CAD* to identify the components of your structure.
- We produce a ground plan which is sent to you and your builder so the ground works can start, getting everything ready for the installation of the structure.
Design & Engineering Service
- Standard drawings in 2D supplied in the industry standard dwg. format
- For larger scale projects, 3D images can be provided in a variety of formats
- 3D software capabilities allowing virtual testing of an idea or a virtual construction
- Proposed models can be shown in through-sections of a building for an accurate visualisation of the final structure
- Our combined software suite enables savings and efficiencies during the design and manufacture process
- Alitex utilise the following software: AutoCad, SolidWorks, DriveWorks, Cosmos FEA and Master Series FEA, among others.