24 June 2016 By Lucy Wheeler
On 5 July, we’ll be back at Hampton Court Palace Flower Show exhibiting a dove grey Mottisfont greenhouse from our National Trust collection. We’re hopeful for a week full of sunshine to which we can welcome you to our stand HC 517. We will be joined by Kamado Joe, creator of the ultimate barbecue. This charcoal fuelled ceramic grill distributed by The Outdoor Gourmet Shop is stylish and easy to use.
The Mottisfont is one of our most popular greenhouses and is named after Mottisfont Abbey Garden, House and Estate in Hampshire. The 2.6m x 4m structure provides seasonal growers with ample growing space. The structure offers a range of growing options with its internal layout, giving a real feel for the beauty and craftsmanship of an Alitex greenhouse. The Mottisfont will be making its way to The Pig near Bath after the show, where it will be settled into their kitchen garden and home to an array of vegetables for their restaurant.
Inside the greenhouse there will be lots of home-grown produce on display, all lovingly grown by Uncle Jim here on our farm at our show site in Hampshire. It will provide a real sense of growing opportunities you receive with an Alitex greenhouse. Expect to see benches and beds filled with runners, fennel, carrots, tomatoes, artichokes and cabbages; everything you would wish to see in a working kitchen garden.
Moore Designs produce galvanised and rusted contemporary metalwork. We will have the Chelsea Bird Feeders, launched at this year’s flower show. Find them hidden within our beds and borders on our stand.
Other than the excitement of planning our stand, Hampton Court has many other highlights we are looking forward to, from walking through the butterfly dome filled with thousands of native free-flying species, to the stunning show gardens celebrating Capability Brown’s 300th anniversary and the city gardens emphasising the creativity that can be achieved in small outdoor spaces.
For your chance to win visit our Twitter @Alitex before midnight on Sunday 10th July 2016 to enter. For Terms and Conditions please see below.
Terms & Conditions
- The competition will run on Twitter account @Alitex from Friday 24th June 2016 until midnight on Sunday 10th July 2016
- To enter the competition entries must favourite and retweet our competition announcement tweet posted on 24th June at 12pm.
- The prize is supplied by The Outdoor Gourmet Shop and includes a Kamado Joe Junior barbecue + UK mainland delivery
- One entry per Twitter account
- A winner will be selected at random on Monday 11th July 2016 and contacted from @Alitex on Twitter. The winner must reply by Direct Message within 48 hours to claim the prize
- Entrants must be over 18 and live in the UK
- Prize must be claimed (delivery address and delivery time confirmed) within 3 months of winner being announced
- Prize includes delivery by stockist The Outdoor Gourmet Shop. If delivery is missed then rearranged delivery will be charged at The Outdoor Gourmet Shop’s rate
- No cash alternative and subject to availability: The Outdoor Gourmet Shop reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal value