04 December 2014 By Jo Phillips
If you have a keen gardener to buy a gift for this Christmas pick something from our top 10 gifts for gardeners – or maybe just treat yourself...!
- Even if you don’t grow rhubarb, every gardener covets these elegant Victorian clay pots and these Terracotta rhubarb forcers from www.crocus.co.uk are gorgeous.
- For all the wonderful produce you grow in your garden and greenhouse these personalised veggie storage crates from Not On The High Street are perfect – on wheels too to make life easier!
- A pair of Neoprene-lined wellies from Town & Country will keep your feet dry and for extra warmth and comfort a pair of fleecy Wellie socks will keep your toes toasty warm.
- A thermometer is always useful in the garden or greenhouse and this one from Garden Trading will do the job stylishly.
- Our friends at Wild Damson have an array of interesting garden and home accessories. I love these vintage enamel bowls which are good for chilling the Christmas day fizz, piling high with fruit and nuts or serving the roasties. I’d happily accept any gift chosen from Wild Damson!
- A gift that keeps on giving? An annual or lifetime membership to the RHS which gives you free entry to all their gardens, discounted show tickets, a monthly magazine and personal gardening advice.
- Are you determined to get organised next year? With a personal garden planner from Not On The High Street you can jot down new ideas, make notes and keep seed and planting records all in one attractive book. Or if you prefer a high tech approach how about this clever online vegetable garden planning tool from GrowVeg.com
- And for perfect small stocking fillers a selection of heirloom and heritage vegetable seeds like these Black Russian tomatoes from Thompson & Morgan will make growing even more fun and wooden plant labels from Burgon and Ball will make naming your plants and seedlings easy and stylish.
- Of course, no Christmas list would be complete without an Alitex Mottisfont greenhouse - even if it won’t fit in your stocking! Its top of many people’s Christmas wish lists as it combines the best growers’ experience with beautiful Victorian styling. If you already have your Alitex greenhouse then how about one of our Potting Shoes either painted to match your Alitex greenhouse or a complementary colour or any other of our greenhouse accessories which our Alitex TLC team can provide for you.
- If you already have your Alitex greenhouse then you might be dreaming of an Alitex conservatory. Beautiful structures giving your family and friends room to grow especially during the Christmas party season.
P.S: Absolutely anything from Rockett St George would make a lovely gift – you may have seen some of their fab individual and quirky things dotted about our stand at this year's Chelsea Flower Show.