20 December 2016 By Tash Ellens
There's lots to see and do at Christmas time. Whether you're taking the children to see houses wrapped in Christmas lights or spending the evening singing Christmas carols, you won't be short of something to do.
Alitex's top 5 Festivities
- Christmas past at Uppark - Step back into Christmas past as the servants prepare for the festive season at Uppark. Explore the history of Christmas and treat yourself to a traditional festive lunch in the tearooms. Spaces are still available up until the 23rd December, book now on 01730 825415. For more details visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/uppark.
- 12 days of Christmas at Mottisfont - prepare to be dazzled by nine sparkling dresses, seven swans afloat in the river and much more. Just follow the trail of drummers drumming and pipers piping. The event is on until the 3rd January.
- Gingerbread House - Who doesn't love a little festive baking? Keep the family entertained with baking and building a gingerbread house. We love Mary Berry's recipe, complete with a template you can print off at home.
- Santa - Nothing says Christmas like taking the children to visit Santa. See goodtoknow.co.uk to find a Santa's Grotto near you.
- Festive treats at Chewton Glen - Enjoy a classic afternoon tea with a festive twist at Chewton Glen. Whilst you're there, don't forget to visit the boutique for a bit of last minute gift shopping.