18 July 2017 By Lucy Wheeler
With high summer, comes an abundance of tomatoes. We have been picking bowls by the day in our greenhouses so we thought we would share our favourite recipe for using up the glut.
Perfect as an unfussy starter for a summer dinner party or in a weekday salad; this recipe is full of flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 140°c fan.
- Rinse the tomatoes and drain.
- Halve the tomatoes and lay, cut side up on a shallow oven proof dish.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper and a sprinling of white sugar. This will really help bring out their sweetness and flavour.
- Roast for around an hour, but do keep an eye on them to make sure they don't catch in the oven. Move them around the dish to prevent them from sticking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.