04 September 2018 By Tash Ellens
We return to Goodwood Revival for the second year as it celebrates its 20th anniversary, surrounded by the glamour of motor racing as it once was during the 1940s to the 1960s. Our traditional panel base greenhouse will be joined by our land girls and the space will be filled with rows of vegetables and herbs, creating an established vegetable garden.
Inside the greenhouse will be a variety of seedlings and plants that flourish well into the late summer season. The beds outside will be brimming with a number of vegetables including young rainbow chards, turnips, onions and peas.
Lined along the back of the stand will be rustic panels by Stark & Greensmith. The panels are made from weathered corteen steel creating a raw, textured and natural look. To the side of the greenhouse will be an antique table and chair set accessorised with herbs potted up into tin planters.
The Revival has so many wonderful features including:
- Head-to head racing on the historic motor circuit, unchanged since its heyday
- A revival fashion show, dedicated to vintage style with a competition for the 'Best Dressed'
- A revival car show 'Over the Road' in the largest classic car park, displaying an array of pre-66 and tax exempt vehicles
- Shopping on the 'Revival High Street' offering the chance to pick up unique memorabilia and interesting gifts.
- Butlin's Roller Rink, located next to the Fairground is a step back in time for some retro fun
- Revival Cinema presented by Sky cinema, showing a variety of vintage films including Aristocats, Grease and The Sound of Music
Do visit our land girls and greenhouse at stand 179 'Over the Road'. We will have lots of greenhouse and garden inspiration.