05 February 2019 By Kitty Yarrow
Award winning garden designer, Annie Guilfoyle and renowned horticultural writer and lecturer, Noel Kingsbury - who share an enormous amount of experience, have set up Garden Masterclass events. These events are tailored for like-minded garden enthusiasts and professionals, sharing the very best of horticulture around the country.
The masterclasses aim to bring together gardeners and designers with innovative experts at a series of one day events, workshops and garden tours, in different parts of the United Kingdom and overseas. With specific topics for each event, the masterclasses offer a personable and interactive approach to the garden world. The small group setting of these events, provides a hands on experience, creating valuable learning opportunities that Annie and Noel believe have been missing in amateur gardening.
With a large and exciting list of venues for 2019, Alitex are proud to be supporting Garden Masterclass events as they continue to develop nationally and internationally.
Listed below are some of the key events we recommend - all held at sites with beautiful glasshouses:
1. Choosing Trees Wednesday, 12th June @ Thenford, Northamptonshire. John Grimshaw looks at the diversity of trees available for garden and landscape use, considering their various qualities and how these can be used to build up an attractive treescape for any situation.
2. Sketch with Confidence - developing drawing skills for garden designers, Thursday 11th July @ Sheffield Botanical Garden, Yorkshire. Set in the beautiful botanical gardens this event will include discussion and demonstration of sketching techniques and their application in the design process with Liz Ackerley.
3. Contemporary Planting Design: Contemporary Art, Wednesday 21st August @ Whitburgh House, Pathhead, Midlothian. Elliott Forsyth will share his experiences of developing the striking contemporary naturalistic plantings at Cambo House, informed by a deep knowledge of plants and their growth in the Scottish Climate.
4. Designing with Colour Tuesday, 10th September @ East Ruston Old Vicarage, Norfolk. Discover the secrets of attaining year-round garden colour on any size of plot. Nick Bailey will impart his knowledge on growing techniques, unusual plants and stunning seasonal effects.
5. Growing under glass - Edibles and Ornamentals, Wednesday 2nd October @ Alitex, South Harting. Sarah Wain, former Garden Supervisor at West Dean, will talk about the plants and crops that can be grown in greenhouses and conservatories, extending the growing season for fresh produce.
For the full details of these and many more exciting events that are being held this year visit the official Garden Masterclass website.