12 December 2017 By Tash Ellens
Biscotti makes the perfect home baked gift for the festive season. You can share them with family and friends, or package them to be part of a homemade hamper. Imagine dipping crunchy double chocolate and cranberry biscotti in a steaming mug of hot cocoa, sat around the fire watching Christmas films - sounds like heaven to us!
- 110g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 60g ground almonds
- 75g caster sugar
- 50g chocolate chips
- 40g dried cranberries
- 1 large egg and 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder, ground almonds, sugar, chocolate chips and cranberries into a large bowl. Mix and then make a well in the centre.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Use your hands to bring the mix together kneading it firmly to form a dough.
- Shape the biscotti dough into a log, approximately 15cm x 5cm x 2.5cm, and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes until firm to touch, then leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Use a sharp serrated knife to cut the log into slice, about 1.5cm thick.
- Place the biscotti on their sides onto the tray and reduce the oven heat to 150°C. Bake for another 30 minutes until hard.
- Cool completely before placing in cellophane bags and tying with ribbon.